Monday, January 9, 2012

Holy Fucking Hangover, Batman.

We went to a wedding this weekend for our good friends, Jay and Court. It was a GORGEOUS wedding, but whoever told me it was a good idea to drink champagne all night at an open bar is a rat bastard.

Oh wait, pretty much everyone I saw suggested it might NOT be a good idea to drink champagne all night, and I didn't fucking listen. Whomp, whomp.

I managed to keep it together for most of the wedding, (except for when I knocked over a glass of wine all over a girl standing next to me, and at dinner when I got my camera strap wrapped around my fork and dumped beans and squash in my lap.)

The after party at a local bar was a blast, and I broke my champagne binge and switched to draft beer (another stellar decision on my part.) This is what I remember from the rest of the night:

Managed to snap a photo of Memory Flash #2.
Memory Flash 1: A SUPER tall guy gets arrested at the bar for stealing some chick's purse (K dubbed him Jolly Green Purse Snatcher)
Memory Flash 2: Somebody gets punched in the face and stabbed, so there was an ambulance and police cars. I managed to snap a photo of this:
Memory Flash 3: K and I are in the lobby of the hotel drinking beers with kids we just met. A dog shows up, her name is Molly.
Memory Flash 4: Drinking MORE beers in the hotel room.

I awoke the next morning long after the complimentary breakfast was over to the worst hangover I have EVER had. EVER.

I could barely lift my head, I opened my eyes slowly to assess my surroundings only to discover that I had spilled the red beer IN BED and slept on the puddle. Score.
The beer that I slept in a puddle of. SCORE!

The drive home was the longest of my life, and I made K do 25mph for the entire 2 hours. There was much honking and passing at and of our car, but I didn't care. We finally made it home and passed out for the rest of the day, only waking up to eat a shitload of Chinese food, watch 2 episodes of X-Files and go back to sleep.

A good time was DEFINITELY had by all.

4 comments:

  1. Holy shit. Sounds like a bangin good time.

    We just got one of the tackiest, ugliest "save the date" stamps in the mail thanks to my G's narssistic cousin. Apparently they're getting married in April. I HAVE TO GO TO THIS WEDDING. It will be a trainwreck and I don't want to miss a minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B, I haven't been that hungover since... ever. And YESSSS. You totally have to go. And document every minute to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds pretty fucking epic. It's probably for the best that you can't remember the bits in between - it would spoil the awesomeness of the memory flashes you have now!

    Also? Camera straps are a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The memory flashes ARE pretty awesome, especially when you have photographic evidence. And THANK YOU for backing me up on the camera strap. That thing is a sonofabitch.

    ReplyDelete